Power to Change are an independent charitable trust that supports and develops community businesses in England. The Power to Change Research Institute invites all academics, researchers and community businesses to pre-register for its 2019 open call for research funding for projects that have tangible benefits for the community business sector in England. You can register to receive an email reminder when the call for expressions of interest goes live on 2nd January 2019.
If you are unsure about whether your organisation or an organisation you are working with is a community business, Power to Change provide helpful information on their definition of a community business.
Details of criteria will be released on the 2nd January 2019 when all potential proposers will see the criteria but in general Power to Change are looking for interesting and high quality expressions of interest from partnerships as well as individual researchers who want to run a research project within the region of £20-£40k looking at anything community business related but particularly:
– Workforce i.e. volunteers and employees
– Public services e.g. community business spin outs or community businesses emerging in this space, especially health and social care
– Community asset transfer
– Energy i.e. community owned energy businesses
– BAME-led community businesses
– The economic model of community business
Check out the Power to Change website for further details.